Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This is my fourth Thanksgiving spent in Jacksonville, and my fourth year in a row hosting dinner at our house. We've come a long way since our first year here.. We hosted in our tiny town house and Mike gave me a heads up the day before Thanksgiving that twice as many people were coming than I had originally planned for. I frantically hit Walmart and dug through the freezers for the biggest turkey breast I could find and a couple extra boxes of stuffing, and somehow we pulled off a pretty decent dinner! 


Every year we've had more and more people show up, and (much to Mike's delight) a bigger and bigger turkey. This year we had a grand total of 17 adults, 4 kids, 3 babies, and a TWENTY EIGHT pound turkey. It was a crazy day, but I absolutely love hosting all of our friends and the "strays" that don't travel for the holiday. Each Thanksgiving I swear the food just keeps getting better and I know that the company definitely does :) 


My sister Gracie and her boyfriend Will flew out this year to spend Thanksgiving week with us and I think they might be Addie's two favorite people!



We watched football, played with the babies, stuffed our faces, and rounded out the evening with a round of Cards Against Humanity - a Thanksgiving tradition at our house! But it wasn't just about the grown-up fun, Addie had a pretty great first Thanksgiving too! She got plenty of attention all day, which she loved, and she got to dig in to a big pile of mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole! 

The mashed potatoes were a big hit!
Now that Thanksgiving is over and we've eaten our way through all of the leftovers, I've got Christmas on the brain! Our tree is up and lit (but not decorated yet, we're waiting for Mike to have a free weekend so he can help!), Addie's advent calendar is filled with fun, festive activities (she's too little for candy and I just finished off the last of the Halloween candy), and I've already started filling our stockings! It's truly a magical time of year, and I can't wait to experience it with my baby girl for the first time!

Happy first weekend of December! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment