Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Family Pictures 2016

Ever since we got married, I've been dying to send out Christmas cards - they are one of my favorite things about the holiday season! I love getting them in the mail, displaying them in the house, and then stashing them away to look back on year after year. Somehow for our first three married Christmases, I failed to arrange to have pictures taken to put on a card and so we haven't sent any out, but now with our newest (and cutest!) addition to the family, I knew this year was finally the year for me to get my act together!



So I coordinated outfits, picked a weekend when Mike would be free, and turned to one of my good friends (a fellow military wife/mama/blogger who also happens to be an amazing photographer - you can check out her blog here) and crossed my fingers that she'd be available. Lucky for me, she was, and we set the date! Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the coldest and windiest days we've had so far this fall, but we made it work!







Addie was a total trooper, and once we had enough shots with our girl, we snuggled her up in a couple layers of blankets and got to sneak in a few pictures of just mom and dad :)



We haven't had any pictures taken since Addie's photoshoot in the hospital, so I'm really glad we decided to brave the chilly wind to have these done! I am excited to report that our very first Christmas cards have been designed and ordered, and now all that's left to do is address them and send them out! :)



Next up: I'm working on a post to share our crazy and fun Thanksgiving. We had a totally full house, a ton of delicious food, and a baby completely covered in mashed potatoes! ;) We're almost into December, and the countdown to Addie's first Christmas is officially on! If you need me, I'll be decorating the house, filling Addie's advent calendar, and stuffing our stockings full of goodies :)

All pictures are courtesy of Kourtney Martin Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment