Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Addison Grace - 2 Years


Weight: 28ish lbs
Height: 33ish inches
Wearing: 2T clothes and size 5 diapers

Likes
Bubbles, jumping, animals, trucks, taking showers instead of baths, reading books, counting to 10, singing songs, having pigtails in her hair.

Dislikes
Having her toenails cut (finger nails are fine though), being put in her car seat (she likes to climb into it herself), when the dogs try to eat her food. 



Eat
Addie is a slightly picky, but overall great eater! She'll eat just about anything they put in front of her at school and she loves pizza lunch Fridays! At home, some of her favorites are mini pepperonis, black beans, buttered toast, applesauce, white cheddar cheese, strawberries, and grapes. She's not a big milk drinker, but will chug water all day long. She's definitely more of a grazer than a 3-meals-a-day type of girl, so we always make sure to bring extra snacks everywhere we go :) Some of her favorite special treats are french fries, bacon, and bites of Mommy's pop tarts (one of my preggo guilty pleasures), and she LOVES to eat her gummy vitamin each morning!



Sleep
Addison is definitely still an early riser and we are usually up by 6 each day. I've always been a night owl so being up and starting my day so early was probably the biggest (and hardest!) adjustment I've made since becoming a mom. That being said, Addie is an awesome sleeper otherwise! She goes to bed between 6 and 6:30 each evening, and unless she's sick or something, we don't hear a peep from her until 5:30-6 the next morning! She still takes a nap every day and those can last anywhere from one to three hours. The shorter naps tend to happen on the weekends unless we REALLY wear her out first thing in the morning, and the longer naps seem to happen on school days where they play outside a lot ;) 




Play
Addie has always been a busy girl and that hasn't changed! She's usually jumping up and down in her crib by the time I go in to get her in the morning and she doesn't stop moving until she's sleeping again! She loves to climb on anything and everything, and her new favorite thing to do is a "big jump" off of whatever surface she's climbed up on. She's a brave, rough-and-tumble girl who definitely isn't afraid to get dirty! The total opposite of me, but I absolutely love it about her :)

A few of Addie's favorite things right now:

1. Animals. Allllll of the animals, including bugs - she is fascinated! Right now she's really into bumble bees, lady bugs, and earthworms (ew) so we spend lots of time outside looking for them and talking about them. She's also a big fan of hippos, big cats like lions and tigers, owls, and turtles!

2. Trucks. Specifically school buses, cement mixers, cherry pickers, and "daddy trucks" aka any kind of military vehicle. Her love of trucks all started with a random video she saw on my mom's phone of dump trucks and other construction vehicles and it just keeps growing! Any time we are in the car, you can guarantee Addie will spot ALL of the trucks and yell out their names until you say them back to her. She also loves waiting for the school bus and garbage truck to drive through the neighborhood in the afternoon!

3. Any and all outside time. This girl loooooves to be outside! Whether it's at the beach picking up sea shells, at the park looking for ducks and geese to feed, or out in the back yard with her puppies, she seriously cannot get enough. One of her current favorite outdoor activities is "helping" me poop-scoop the backyard by running around and pointing out all of the piles to me. It's a little weird, but I'm all about anything that keeps this crazy girl busy for a while!





I'm definitely in denial that my baby is already two! Some days (particularly the ones where she boycotts her nap) can really drag on, but these last two years have completely flown by. Addie surprises me every day! She is wild and sweet and sassy and SO funny. She tests my patience and pushes all of my buttons, but she gives the best hugs and the sweetest slobbery kisses to make up for it. She's usually too cool to hold my hand when we walk up to school, but she loves to snuggle before bed every evening and there aren't many things sweeter than her sleepy, sweaty little head on my shoulder! 


Addie is definitely aware of my growing belly - I mean, it's hard not to be ;) We talk to her about her baby brother all the time and I think she's finally starting to catch on a little! She can tell you his name and likes to pat and kiss my belly before she goes to bed. I can't wait to see her as a big sister.. I know she's going to be amazing! 


Next up for the Beards... We're getting ready for Addie's birthday party! We are also counting down the days until July 1st :) It's really starting to creep up on us! Lots of baby prep, and as much one on one time with my sweet girl as I can get!




No comments:

Post a Comment