Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter 2017

Does anybody else feel like Easter fell really late this year? Mid-April just seems so late to me for some reason... Maybe it's because I've been extra excited to fill Addie's first Easter basket and I've had a hard time being patient! Luckily for my impatient self, we celebrated Easter a little bit early in the Beard house this year!


I filled up a basket for each of my loves, and we shared a yummy pancake breakfast and a laid back day together - two of our very favorite things :)

Mike's basket was simple - a small chocolate bunny, a few yummy snacks, some of his favorite candies, and a couple 5 hour energy drinks for those extra early mornings he occasionally has!


Addie's basket, while not quite as simple as Mike's, wasn't too over-the-top either! I really tried to rein in the crazy since she's not even one yet and doesn't exactly get the concept of the Easter basket yet :) The contents of Addie's basket were:

Bubbles
A big box of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies
A few Easter books
Moana - Her first Disney movie!
A new tumbler cup
Her first toothbrush + toothpaste
A couple pouches she's never tried before


She was definitely excited about the pouches (girlfriend LOVES to eat) and the bubbles have been a pretty big hit as well, but I think overall I was more excited about the basket than she was ;)


We also had the chance to attend a fun Easter party and egg hunt put on by our neighborhood, and while Addie didn't exactly collect any eggs, she enjoyed seeing some of our friends and hanging out in the sunshine! 


The whole reason for our early celebration was because Mike had to work on Easter. It's always a bummer when he has to be away on a holiday, but Addie and I still had a great time! We originally had no plans for Easter, and I figured it would just be a regular day for us, but my sweet friend Kourtney stepped in and we tagged along with her family for a fun filled day!

We started off with the early service at First Baptist of Jacksonville and Addie had her first experience in the church nursery which seemed to go really well (I don't even think she realized I was gone to tell you the truth).


After an early lunch and a nap, we made our way to Kourtney's house for a backyard Easter egg hunt and a delicious dinner surrounded by new friends!




We hope you all had as great of a day as we did :) 
Happy Easter everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment