Saturday, January 7, 2017

Addie's First Christmas + Some Thoughts On 2017

I've been looking forward to the holiday season ever since I found out I was pregnant. I've always heard how magical it is to experience Christmas with a child and see it through their eyes, and I couldn't wait to celebrate with a baby of my own!

She wouldn't smile for Santa if her life depended on it!
Fast forward to Christmas 2016 and I'm not gonna lie, it totally snuck up on me. Between dealing with a baby on a serious sleep strike, and a hubby with an insane work schedule, I was totally caught off guard when it was suddenly the middle of December and I didn't even have my Christmas decorations set up yet! Thanks to a long (and much needed) holiday leave block for Mike and Amazon Prime, we got all caught up in time for family to arrive in town and celebrate the holiday with us!


Addie got spoiled rotten (of course) with a stocking to open and TONS of presents under the tree. She's very recently discovered the joys of ripping paper, so once we got a little piece started for her, she had a blast tearing all the wrapping paper off of her gifts!

Who am I kidding... We all got spoiled!
We were just a liiiiiittle sleep deprived... ;)
I think Mike actually rolled out of bed immediately before posing for this picture

My mom, step-dad, and youngest sister were here for the week leading up to Christmas, and then my dad came into town for the week after Christmas and it was so amazing to have all of the extra help with Addie! I think that may have been my favorite gift this year ;)

Out like a light after a very successful first Christmas!
All in all, it was a fairly laid back holiday season for us, and our New Year's Eve was no different! Addie went to bed around 7, so Mike and I got the party started with some leftover pizza and a bottle of champagne on the couch! I think we made it until 9:30 before throwing in the towel and crawling into bed but hey, it was midnight somewhere and I got a kiss from my guy, so I can't complain :)

As far as resolutions go, my biggest one is to focus on the present instead of constantly worrying about the future. 2017 is going to be HUGE for us. Mike will complete his current training and start down a new and exciting (and intense!) career path, our baby will turn ONE, and me? Well I know for certain that I'll be working hard to be the best wife and mom I can possibly be, but I'm also toying with a few other ideas (school, work, etc.) since we know we'll be stationed here for a while. With so much on our plates, I tend to get carried away thinking about what could happen. I'm definitely a planner at heart, and I don't think it's ever possible to be TOO organized and prepared, but some times my planning keeps me from being totally present in the every day moments. My baby is growing so fast, and my hubby is in a career that keeps him away from time to time, so the little moments are really the most important ones for us! This year is all about letting some of the smaller things slide so I can be totally involved in the things that truly matter!


So to wrap it all up, I hope you all are enjoying 2017 so far. We certainly are, especially since Addie has finally ended her sleep strike - hallelujah! More on that soon because my sweet girl will be 8 months old in a week! Happy weekend everybody! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment