Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thanksgiving 2018

Am I behind on these updates or what?? I mean, I'm usually pretty behind but this is pretty extreme! Mike surprised me with a new laptop and before I could figure out how to move over all of my pictures and get things organized, the holidays hit and the blog got completely pushed to the back burner! So bear with me... I have quite a few updates to post in the next few days! :)

I think I've mentioned before that visiting the pumpkin patch is my favorite family tradition, but coming in VERY close second is hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house. This was our sixth time hosting, and it seriously just gets better every year!

For our very first married Thanksgiving, wayyyyy back in 2013, Mike knew I was feeling a little down about being away from my family in Colorado for the first time, so he suggested that we host a dinner at our teeny, tiny townhouse and I reluctantly agreed. I mean, when I say teeny tiny I am NOT exaggerating. Our townhouse was literally four rooms and less than 1,000 square feet - a living room and kitchen downstairs, and two bedrooms/bathrooms upstairs so I wasn't exactly sure about hosting a big dinner. And forget about the space issue.. I had never cooked a turkey before! But man, am I glad that I agreed to put together that dinner because it started such an amazing tradition for our family!


This year was extra special, because it was Bradley's first Thanksgiving AND I had both of my sisters in town to celebrate it with! Gracie has been out to visit several times, but Camille has only been able to come once when Addie was about 10 months old, so this was really such a treat for all of us!




The food was amazing (seriously, BEST turkey I've ever cooked), but the company was even better, and we couldn't be more thankful to have been surrounded by friends and family for this special day! 



 Next up: I'll be sharing a 5 AND 6 month update on Bradley and a whole post dedicated to  our Colorado Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment