Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Pumpkin Patch 2018

The year that I moved to Jacksonville was full of so many firsts for me. I was in a new state with my new husband living in our first home together. We were trying to navigate the ins and outs of building a life together and we knew that we wanted to start traditions that we could continue for years to come! We just weren't really sure where to start.

Well, we stumbled upon a little pumpkin patch out in front of the church down the street from our house and we didn't know it at the time, but our very first family tradition was born! Our budget was SO tight, but Mike told me to fill up the wagon with as many pumpkins as it would hold, and to this day it's one of my favorite memories of our first year of marriage!


I honestly didn't believe that we'd still live in Jacksonville the next fall, let alone 4 more falls after that! But here we are, for the 6th October in a row, visiting our favorite little pumpkin patch. And now we have 2 little pumpkins of our own to tag along with us! :)




Addie is finally old enough to really get into some of these fall activities, so when she woke up from her nap and I told her we were visiting the pumpkin patch, she got SO excited! She had a blast running around in the sunshine, picking up as many pumpkins as her little arms would hold, and mostly tolerating me as I took a million pictures. 


Meanwhile, Bradley was just enjoying a nice ride in the stroller, and didn't even freak out when we stuck him in the wagon with Addie for the perfect fall picture.


We left with a wagon full of pumpkins, a loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread, and two worn-out kiddos - a HUGE success if you ask me!


Things are never certain when it comes to the military, but it's pretty likely that we'll be hanging around Jacksonville for a while. Even though this wouldn't have been my top pick of places to live, it's grown on us and truly become our home! I love this little tradition we've started and I can't wait to share it with our babies year after year!


Up next for the Beards: Bradley's first Halloween is rapidly approaching and Addie is getting pretty excited to dress up and Trick or Treat! Shortly after that, our big girl will be two and half and then before we know it, Thanksgiving will be here! This year is flying by and we are just trying to make as many memories as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment